“I just can’t do it anymore!”
Speak with any family caregiver and, if they’re being honest, they will likely admit to on occasion feeling like they just can’t go on.
The role you’ve accepted as a family caregiver is an admirable, important one. Your loved one and other family members depend on you, and that is a heavy responsibility that sometime feels like a burden. This does not mean that you view your Mom as a burden – just that you need a break!
Being consumed by caring for Mom or Dad sometimes means you do not take the time to care for yourself — doctor’s appointments, regular physical exams, counseling sessions or support group meetings, etc. Just as important is spending time with friends, enjoying hobbies and other activities that keep you recharged an happy.
Understanding Respite Care
Whether you need to shop, attend a child’s school event, go to church, get some much needed exercise or just have lunch with a friend, our respite care services allow you to relax and enjoy, knowing your family member is well cared for in your absence. Our respite care program is also a wonderful solution when you go on vacation, travel for the holidays, or attend an out-of-town event such as a wedding or reunion.
Home Instead Senior Care can provide respite care daily, weekly or as needed. We are happy to arrange care for just a few hours, overnight or 24-hour care while you’re away.
Make Time for Yourself! Call today to speak with someone who understands.
- Helping to “Raise” Awareness of the Needs of Seniors Even More (fairfax.myhomecareblog.com)
- Tips for caregivers who need to take a break (mayoclinic.com)
- Fairfax Caregivers Need a Break (fairfax.myhomecareblog.com)
- Hey Fairfax Caregivers, YOU Need a Vacation – Why Not a Cruise? On Us. (fairfax.myhomecareblog.com)
- A Family Caregiving Example that Fairfax Can Relate to (fairfax.myhomecareblog.com)