Daily medications can be confusing and the risks of mis-managing medications can be alarming. Please join us in viewing our three-part video series, “How to Help Your Senior Manage Medications,” for helpful pointers in assisting your senior parent or other loved one to maintain a healthful balance with medication monitoring tips.
Did you know that…
- Over 80 percent of Americans over age 57 years of age take at least one prescription pill per day?
- 1 in 25 senior adults may experience a serious health issue involving a major drug interaction?
- Approximately 50 percent of our senior mix prescription medications with over-the-counter supplements?
- As the holistic approach to healthcare continues to gain a stronghold, more non-medical supplements are being consumed by seniors? This mix of prescription medications and non-medical supplements can have serious consequences, if directions are not followed closely.
Additionally, seniors may have difficulty managing their daily medication by:
- Taking too much of a dose.
- Not taking enough of a dose.
- Taking their daily dose at the wrong time of day.
- Not taking their medication at all.
Part one of our three-part video series begins here:
Do you have experience with a loved one having a health issue with improper drug interactions? If so, please share your experience with our readers below or on our Caregiver Forum.
We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or if you know of a senior who could benefit from our vast array of home care services in the Fairfax area , please call us at 703.750.6644, or email us. We accept most long term care insurance as payment and have a full time staff of trained and certified home care personnel covering the Fairfax County, Virginia area.