Fairfax, do you think you have a healthy work/life balance? Much is being said about the importance of having it, but what does work/life balance mean to a family that is sharing the caregiving responsibilities of a senior parent?
We hope you’ll join us as we view a video that focuses on work/life balance and tips for maintaining balance in your family.
How do you know if your life is out of balance?
- Do you feel overtired/fatigued? Does this lead to a decrease in your ability to perform your job? Do you find yourself making common mistakes?
- Are you missing important family events? Are you unable to mark milestones?
- Are you missing quality time with your friends? Do the demands of home and work keep you from nurturing relationships?
- Is your job requiring you to work longer hours and assume more responsibilities?
Check out these 5 tips for maintaining work/life balance (according to WebMD)
- Build downtime into your schedule
- Drop activities that sap your time and energy
- Rethink your errands
- Get moving
- Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way
If you have suggestions on maintaining a work/life balance while caring for a senior loved one in your home here in Virginia, please share your ideas with our readers below or on our Caregiver Forum.
We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions or if you know of a senior who could benefit from our vast array of home care services in the Fairfax area , please call us at 703.750.6644, or email us. We accept most long term care insurance as payment and have a full time staff of trained and certified home care personnel covering the Fairfax County, Virginia area.